Transition Excellence With OP's Hybrid Infra
Melkki supported the leading bank in one of the largest Hybrid Infra Transition programs' enabling highly efficient infrastructure
Background & Targets
OP Financial Group is Finland´s largest financial services group. OP has over past years been through a significant agile operating model transformation. As part of the transformation OP has also renewed its technology sourcing strategy, starting with the Infra and Application Operations. The Hybrid Infra Transition program resulted from this as one of the largest of its kind ever conducted in Finland.
The targets with the Transition were to;
- Improve the availability of business services through modern platforms and automation
- Support application development effectiveness by providing modern, automatized infrastructure platforms
- Improve technological and operational support for public cloud usage
- To connect better to international finance industry development and access to global suppliers
- Reduce infrastructure costs
Melkki’s role in the Transition Program
Melkki was part of the Transition Program with roles in transition planning and execution, vendor management, cloud tower lead and risk and issue management. The Transition covered over 2600 physical servers and private cloud instances, mainframe and operations of over 400 applications, as well as Data Centre, Storage and Network capacity for these.